Ingham Infirmary

The Ingham Infirmary was built as an extension of the South Shields and Westoe Dispensary by public subscription in 1873, to commemorate Robert Ingham Esq on his retirement as an MP. It opened with 21 beds but was enlarged in 1899, when the Redhead Wing with 48 beds was opened. Later additions were a new operating theatre and nurses home in 1905 and new wards and other departments in 1935.

The Infirmary closesd in 1990.